As we all know proper lifestyle is very crucial for a better and healthy life. Bad management of daily life causes a lot of deadly diseases. As a matter of fact, cardiovascular ailments have become one such ailment. As per the report of WHO, one out of every four people has heart disease. This is because it has been a burning issue for Health forums to take control over such data all over the world.
Cardiovascular diseases have been the cause of many deaths and are no. 1 cause of death globally. Estimated deaths over 17.9 million lives every year.
Eventually, cardiovascular diseases are a group of disorders of the heart and blood vessels. This also includes coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, rheumatic heart disease, and many more diseases.
What causes heart ailments?? Let’s take a review over the reasons causing heart ailments…
1. AGE- Growing older narrows the valves as well as the arteries and veins. This increases the blockage in the natural flow of blood.
2. SEX- As per the records of WHO, men are more prone to heart diseases. However, a women’s heart disease risk increases after menopause.
3. FAMILY HISTORY- This has been a prominent reason for the heart ailments of a person. Especially if parents develop it at an early age such as if male parent before 55 and female parent before 65 of age. There is a chance of developing heart ailment in the child.
4. SMOKING- Consumption of cigarettes leads to mouth cancer as well as deadly heart ailments. Nicotine ( a pharmaceutical drug used in cigarettes ) tightens the blood vessels. It also damages the inner lining. Carbon monoxide also mixes with hemoglobin and prohibits the flow of oxygen in the organs.
5. POOR DIET- This is another cause of growing data of heart disease across the globe. A diet that’s high in fat, salt, sugar, and cholesterol can contribute to heart problems.
SYMPTOMS OF HEART AILMENT AND WHEN TO SEEK A DOCTOR??
Symptoms depend upon the type of heart disease you are diagnosed with.
1. If you are diagnosed with a blood vessel heart ailment, you will have symptoms like chest pain, angina ( chest discomfort), pain in the neck, jaw, throat as well as numbness in the body.
2. Symptoms caused by abnormal heartbeat are racing heartbeat, Shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.
3. Heart disease symptoms caused by heart valve problems are fatigue, shortness of breath, fainting, swollen ankle, and feet.
4. Breathlessness with activity or at rest, swelling of legs, feet, ankle, irregular heartbeats symptoms are shown during Cardiomyopathy ( heart muscles ).
5. During heart infections, several symptoms like fever, fatigue, weakness, skin rashes, and unusual spots are normal.
Seek emergency medical care if you have these heart disease signs and symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
HOW TO PREVENT HEART DISEASES??
Certainly, there are some types of heart diseases like Heart defects that cannot be prevented. However, some lifestyle changes can improve your heart mechanism and it’s working. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Don’t smoke or consume alcohol.
- Cother health conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Eat a diet that’s low in salt and saturated fat.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce and manage stress.
- Practice good hygiene
Although we can‘t cure heart disease, we can make it better. Most forms of heart disease are very treatable today only if we detect them at right time. Do regular visits to the doctor and seek regular checkups to detect any kind of body defect. Stay healthy!!